Content Marketing – The Best Strategy For Every Business
With changing trends, customers have also changed their approach of acceptance. Customers have rejected the traditional marketing styles; they are much more attracted towards newer innovations of advertising like social media marketing, online advertising etc. Smart marketers understand that traditional marketing is becoming less effective with time, so they have innovated a newer concept of marketing called content marketing.
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience and ultimately , to drive profitable customer action. The purpose of content marketing is to attract and retain customers by consistently creating and developing relevant and valuable content with the intention of changing or enhancing consumer behaviour. It is an ongoing process that is best integrated onto overall marketing strategy and is focused on owning media, not renting it.
Surely, content marketing nowadays is the best marketing strategy for every business and the various reasons why it is considered so are :
- CONTENT MARKETING GENERATES MORE INBOUND TRAFFIC TO YOUR SITE: The power of content marketing for generating in bound traffic is by providing the targeted audience with relevant information that can provide a solution to a particular need. As per Custom Content Council, custom content is favoured by up to 68% of customers for the basic reason that content marketing strategy caters to the interest or particular need for information.
- CONTENT MARKETING GENERATES MORE LEADS: Companies with blogs and websites which have a target to inbound traffic and engagement generating efforts can deliver better results, and can generate 95% more leads than other companies without content rich websites.
- CONTENT MARKETING INCREASES SALES: Custom Council highlighted that up to 55% of the customers are not only attracted to custom content but most likely buys the products and services of the content provider. Many companies have already gained rewards by adding content videos in their websites.
- CONTENT MARKETING BUILDS UP NATURAL LINK POPULARITY: Good content boosts websites natural link popularity as well as establishing a higher degree of authority for the brand. These factors boost up the Page Rank rating as well as SEO.
- CONTENT MARKETING BUILDS BRAND AWARENESS: The higher the quality of content provided, the greater authority and awareness is generated for the brand. This in turn will increase the customer influence towards the brand and ultimately increases sales.
- CONTENT MARKETING IS CHEAPER THAN TRADITIONAL MARKETING: Compared to other forms of marketing, content marketing can prove to be cost effective in delivering the results you want. It is a fact that the average cost of lead generation through inbound marketing is only half of that which businesses can spend through outbound marketing.
- CONTENT MARKETING INCREASES ENGAGEMENT WITH TARGETED AUDIENCE: Targeted audiences may prefer detailed instruction manuals or tutorials while others prefer lucrative visual content like infographics and videos. Simply enhancing articles with appropriate pictures increases total viewership by 95%.
Content marketing is the present and future of marketing. Companies send information all the time, but most of the time it’s irrelevant and non valuable as per content marketing standards and return. That’s what makes content marketing intriguing in today’s environment. Good content marketing makes a person stop, think, read, and behave differently.